A couple of small picks from the great Internet buffet, easy to digest, with good nutrition for your brain:
- A take on typography by Eyolf Østrem in his blog things twice, comparing LaTeX vs. Word vs. Writer. Good stuff.
- Not many Nobel laureates have a own blog, but Paul Krugman is always worth a read: The Conscience of a Liberal
- ChiefHomeOfficer.com linking to an interview with Guy Kawasaki. Guy admitting a mistake he made years ago when asked to interview to be the first CEO of Yahoo! about 15 years ago. Guy said that with his second child on the way, he didn’t want to drive two hours round trip each day. He turned them down.
If I had taken the interview and gotten the job, I would have made $2 billion and not be up at 5am doing radio interviews…
Agreed. But I guess he is also well off, even without $2 billion 😉
- Technorati taking drastic measures in the current financial crisis. Well, Loic had to do this already a couple of weeks ago at Seesmic, but this does not make it better.
- What happens if a product delivered as SaaS is discontinued? Figure out yourself if you are using I want Sandy or Stikkit. Not due to the fact that the company is hosed or run out of money, but because the founder and mastermind, Rael Dornfest has been hired by Twitter and has decided that values of n, his company is shutting down the products. Not that I have an answer, but are alternatives available? (via)